Saturday 8 July 2006

T in the Park

Bugger, balls and bollocks!
I want to go to 't T in the Park music festival-type-thing, but I'm in Hong Kong.
I'm missing The Zutons, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Dirty Pretty Things, The Proclaimers, Sandi Thom, The Charlatons, Kula Shaka...

Goddamn!

And can someone please explain why there's no Vernon Kay podcast? I get the Chris Moyles one alright (loved the Bruce Willis interview ~ and Noel Gallagher did a plug fer Yorkshire Tea! Yes, Yorkshire Tea! Centre of my Forcing Sod's Law Experiment and my reason fer getting up int morning, seeing as how it's tea fer real soldiers). Just not right.

On a happier note, there's sposed to be some cheap airline startin' in October this year, doin' flights from HK to the UK startin' at HK$1,600 (compared to the average economy fare wi Cathay at about HK$4,500). Can't wait fer that! Might have to skip back to Blighty more 'n once every two years now...

Random quote o 't week:

"I collect perfect teeth from dead frogs."


Have finally sorted out me LiveJournal page, so am feeling a little happier fer it. Got shot of me other Blogger page (were a complete waste o space), and merged the two. End result? Feeling productive.

New DVD recorder doin' fine ~ still playing all regions o discs under 't sun just fine, and swapping from PAL to NTSC to boot. Bloody marvellous, eh.

So peach and lube then. Oh no, wait ~ obligatory pic of 't day:



Now I can say peach and lube [grinning on the inside].

Tags:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the low-cost airline... just remember that that cost is one-way - so the basic cost, return, including taxes and foo is going to be closer to $3200, which is still a lot better than Cathay et al, but not by as much. Also, you know the service is going to be crappy...

Anonymous said...

True, only one way... But seeing as how I sleep the entire flight (I get woken up to get off) I won't be minding the lack of food.
:)

Ta.

Anonymous said...

T in the park may seem like you're missing out but remeber it'll be full of fucking moanin' greetin' faced scots and it'll probably pish down tae!

Anonymous said...

what i want to know is, why on bbc3, when they are having to wait for the red hot chilli peppers "people" to check the footage before screening it, did they have to cut short wellers performance to show us more of "the kooks"(?) from earlier that day?
for fucks sake, weller is an absolute genius that has been at this game since bfore most of them were born and will still be at it long after they are forgoten!
thats all.

* (asterisk) said...

Tonight on telly they're showing Equilibrium. I can't remember if I've seen it. I think I've seen bits of it. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Anonymous said...

Ah well, can't have it all, Granny W.

Mr * :
Having just watched Equilibrium again, have to say it's a pile of poo, but very stylishly done. Some bits are just too silly though. Shame.
"But I being poor (or rather, "pu-rr", if yer Sean Bean) have only my dreams..."

:)

* (asterisk) said...

Gave it a miss in the end. The mighty Italians took a little longer to win the World Cup than I'd hoped, and then there was Big Brother. I took a peek at Equilib, realized I had seen some of it before and had been underwhelmed, so didn't bother!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Frogs have teeth??? I'll be havin' 'mares now. Got frogs in me pond. Mainly Kamikaze ones as the cats get 'em but more follow...They don't half scream when a cat gets 'em. I've been savin' em when I hear 'em. But teeth? oh eck...