Friday 3 November 2006

iPods and Deathnotes and Depps, oh my

To the tune of ‘La Cucaracha’: “me iPod Nano, me iPod Nano, la la la la la la la laaa, it’s blue and fa-ab, bright blue and fa-ab, la la la la la la laaaa…”

Yeah, went fer a new iPod. Me Shuffle were getting a bit boring, and one year of not actually being able to see any song details leaves you ignorant of everything. “Ooh, I like that song ~ but what’s it called? Bugger…”
So I went out and got meself a new iPod Nano, the 4GB spangly blue one, and yay, it is fab. I were loading and playing all last night ~ the wheely thing is bloody marvellous. And it dunt care what language yer music is in either, so balls to yer old Sony MD recorders that have kitten fits if it’s not one of the 26 letters of the English alphabet. Not that I have one. Well, alright, I do. Up until a year ago (the advent of the Shuffle), I used it religiously. Now it’s been consigned to the bedside shelf as a provider of night music. Really should think about getting shot of it, spose…

Still haven’t seen ‘The Prestige’ yet. And now there’s the local gay film festival on, and I want to see the Cillian Murphy film, ‘Breakfast on Pluto’. Sounds very engaging. And I still haven’t seen ‘Tales From Earthsea’, anime fer grown-ups. Better get a shift on, or they’ll be gone again. ANDDeathnote: The Last Name’ opens tonight. Bloody hell, how am I going to keep up? And ‘Libertine’ the mysteriously sneaked-out flick wi Johnny Depp. Wonder how that escaped the limelight, seeing as who it’s got in it…

Films I have seen this week: ‘Evil Dead 2’, seeing as how it were Hallowe’en last week, ‘To Catch a Thief’ (to pacify my inner Remington Steele), ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ (for the third time), and were even subjected to the first fifteen minutes of the re-make of ‘The Pink Panther’. You all know me feelings fer Steve Martin, so I won’t go into it again. Suffice to say, I were less than impressed and just could not suffer meself to smile once. I did develop a slight eye-twitch, but I think that were down to me imagining me hands wrapping round Mr Martin’s neck. Insufferable twat.

That’ll do. I’m off to work… Soopytwist.

Tags:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 comments:

* (asterisk) said...

I really must get round to seeing Death Note. It's a series of films, isn't it? Or am I getting confused?

I loved my old MD player. Still do, but the iPod has bumped it out of favour somewhat. I can't believe I still see people with CD walkmans. They look so massive!

Anonymous said...

I know ~ how big are them CD Walkmans now?

Deathnote is a series of comic books ~ I have all 12, but haven't yet finished volume 1 (I'm busy, alright?). So far there have only been 2 mainstream movies released outside Japan, Deathnote (a few months back) and this new one, released 3rd November in HK.
This sounds like the last one, don't think they'll be doing another one. Althought if it's the hyowj hit that number one was, don't see why they wouldn't...
I'm hoping they don't, to be honest. Just want it to be short and sweet, and not take the piss with millions n hundreds of sequels...

:)

SD

* (asterisk) said...

I think the first movie was one that Jonathan Ross mentioned on his TV show Asian Invasion, maybe. But, yeah, too many sequesl gets proper irritating.

weenie said...

I think I'm going to join the bandwagon and get a Nano for meself for Xmas. Think I'll go for the 8gb one. I currently use my 1gb IRiver to death but a nice little colour screen would be cool.

Anonymous said...

And you get games! I sat doing the music quiz (like Name That Tune) on it fert 30 mins it took the train to get to work, LOL
Certainly brightened up my day!

SD