Thursday 27 March 2008

Bummeration


Good news – flying out to L.A. in about eight hours’ time. Bad news – t-shirt shop lied about the time needed to produce my most amazingest creation ever, and now I won’t have the damned thing in time to take it with me (yes, you do have to be a bit of a ‘Supernatural’ fan to get this t-shirt gag). How upset am I? Put it this way, I’m smiling now, but someone will be crying later…

So I go to work, battle through some tedious compositions and some downright rude students, buoyed by the fact that I’m leaving on a jet plane later. Get home, sort my life out and pack it, and get down to the airport check-in to find that my particular airline does not do check-ins after midday. Riiiiiiiiight. So now I have to turn around and get my suitcase back home again, and come back in roughly six hours – 5.30am. Nice! Just how I want my holiday to start. Still, at least I have one. Just hoping everything will go much more smoothly once I’m there…

Finally finished and posted the fan-fiction I was worrying over. It’s done now, though. It’s another ‘Supernatural’ one (my penultimate, I think), it’s called ‘Bad Company’, and it’s available here. And yes, the very last chapter explains the above mentioned t-shirt gag.

All that remains to be said is that I hope everyone gets by without me, and I’ll be back soon, just in time for ‘Doctor bloody Who’ series four, over on BBC1 at the earlier time of 6.20pm. If you’re int UK, which I’m not. So I’ll be watching it Sunday tea-time, then…

I’ll leave you with some great resources for the Gene Genie, otherwise known at Sir Gene of Hunt the Eminently Quotable’s best and brightest Huntisms from ‘Ashes To Ashes’, the last episode of which I shall miss due to being with the lovely Winchester boys from ‘Supernatural’ (Do you really think I’d fly all the way to L.A. for anyone else?). There’s also the Gene Genie’s witty reposts from Life On Mars, too.

That’s it. I’m blowing this pop-stand, folks. I’ll see you crazy kids in about ten days.


Tags:
~ ~ ~

1 comment:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Have a good 'n and bring us back a stick o rock. Some bloke in Blackpool just got nicked for selling cocaine flavoured rock. Didn't know coke had a flavour.