Saturday 30 August 2008

Reasons to be cheerful


1. Hang Seng, that loveable off-shoot of HSBC and as such, Very Nice Chaps, have sent me a credit card. My first in about 6 years. Woo-hooo! Now just what is all this chip n’ pin bollocks? PayWave? Say whaty who now?

2. 3 HK, that annoying branch of Hutchison Whampoa (Orange), have sent me a text full of promise: apparently I qualify for a whopping great discount on an Apple iPhone. Might have to mosie on down and look at the things in the 3 shop.

3. Nineteen days to season four of ‘Supernatural’.

4. It’s still summer for me, and yet all the monsters students at work are going back to work on Monday. Ah, malicious bliss. Can you say Schadenfreude?

5. Dean Winchester.


6. Cap’n Mal Reynolds.


7. Having series two and three of ‘Doctor bloody Who’ on DVD on my shelf right now.

8. Having seasons one, two and soon three of ‘Supernatural’ on DVD on my shelf right now.

9. Having seasons one, two and three of ‘Gatchaman’ on DVD on my shelf right now.


10. Major Kira throwing a cup at Gul Dukat’s head, then telling him to his face that, one day when he least expects it, she’ll kill him. Magic.


11. Having all the ingredients, present and correct, for Purple Nurples tonight. Oooh-wee, but it’s gonna be a good one.

12. Looking forward to seeing the World Classic Rockers at the FCC Charity Ball 13th September 2008. Oh yes. We’re going to be stomping to such fantastic choons as ‘Gimme Three Steps’, ‘Foreplay / Longtime’, and ‘Magic Carpet Ride’… and so many more! Can we wait? Can we bloody hell as like! Which reminds me - did I tell you I got to interview Randall Hall, formerly of Lynyrd Skynyrd? No? Oh. Will get round to that very soon…

But for now, that shallot. Onion. Thing. Too tired. Planning to sleep till my name changes to Soupy-Van-Winkle. Arf arf.

Tags:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments: