Tuesday 23 September 2008

Batten down the hatches


~~cos there’s a storm comin’! Well actually, it’s already here. Just braved a lovely warm but nevertheless pounding shower to dash from the bus stop to my front door. Already soaked to the skin before I could get the entrance code in - and that’s standing in the lobby / alcove thing.

It’s about 28ยบ C and blowing a bloody great 40 mph wind that nearly lifted me off me feet as I came round the corner to get home. The good news is, my last lesson of the day was cancelled so I could go home. The bad news is, we have a number 8 typhoon going on. At least we still have the internet and telly… All I have to do is ignore the rubbish bins lifting themselves up and hurling themselves at cars and lampposts, and the bumps and bangs of assorted miscellanea being blown about the windows. Seven storeys up.


Still, it’ll all be over tomorrow. Aceness. Especially as I have lunch with Goh Goh booked and sorted seven ways from Sunday. Ain’t no power in the ‘verse gonna stop us.

Soopytwist.

Tags:
~

No comments: