Saturday 8 June 2019

Where are we?


Just a catch-up really. Started going to the gym about 4 weeks ago - doing cardio and weight repetitions has really helped my neck/cervical nerve injury. My chiropractor is pleasantly surprised that I’m trying to help myself get better between my visits to him. Not a bad feeling for me, either.

Still not writing. But more on that later.

Doom 2016 PS4
Games - been getting in to Doom 2016 on PS4. Mostly because I’m stuck on Doom VFR on the PS4 Pro VR and need something to distract me from not having an active game. I’m one of those people who has a Serious Game and a Back-Up Frivolous Game running alongside, so when one’s not working out I can play on the other one while I run it through my head. You know what? Doom VFR and 2016 are the first Doom games I’ve played since Doom 2 on the PS2. How times change. And yet it’s good to see an updated Doom game for a modern generation.

Doom 2016 PS4
Which brings me to Lego Marvel Superheroes 2, and why I’m stuck on 95% and believe it’s as far as I can go. All that’s left are the aerial and car races, which I’ve discovered I can’t do due to not being able to judge distances on a flat screen with no discernible depth. Does anyone else have this problem? I really can’t see it something is supposed to be further away or closer than me to the screen unless my Lego character moves in front or behind it. I thought I was just shit at races, bad at handling the controls and adjusting or over-adjusting and that’s why I was missing gates. But then I realised I also miss overhanging ledges, or steps, or fall off narrow beams. Is this connected to 3D movies giving me a headache?

Anyway, that aside, the Lego games are still awesome. I haven’t got the new Lego DC Super-Villains game, but my sister reports that it’s small compared to the Marvel ones, and there’s less needed in order to complete it. However you do get to careen through lots of DC villains and she likes that. I won’t be rushing to buy it but I may get around to it.

Been modifying some t-shirts. I bought a load when I was on holiday and of course they’re all unisex, which just means men’s. If they were true unisex they would fit all shapes, but they don’t, they’re designed to fit men, so I wish people would stop calling them unisex and just call them men’s.

Anyway, rant aside - I buy shirts I like, and if they don’t have women’s then I buy the men’s and modify them when I get them home. Normally this includes changing it to a V neck (I’m not keen on round necks unless they’re proper large) and sewing new side seams to make them more of a babydoll shape. Done my Captain Marvel shirt and my Princess Rebel Leia shirt, so feeling productive.

The Red Dwarf cast
Telly - only seen the first episode of Good Omens but it’s a keeper and I really want to know what happens. The Queen soundtrack doesn’t hurt, and the actors and pretty much everyone involved is doing a fab job. The only problem is I accidentally started watching Red Dwarf on Netflix and now I’m stuck in a rerun - I only want to watch the next episode and that’s seriously crippling my ability to get stuck into anything else. I’ve already watched Lucifer season 4 twice since it came out in May, and apart from the odd movie at the local fleapit it’s been Lister limericks and Rimmer repartee all the way. It just makes me laugh - and there’s no pressure with it. Sometimes their own continuity isn’t great, so if I miss or forget a detail then who cares? All in all just fantastic entertainment, even 30 years later.

Then there’s Project Blue Book - sounds like my kind of stuff but right now it’s on a back-burner while Red Dwarf is on the go.

I think that’s about it for now. One day I’ll get back here and remind myself of all the movies I’ve seen, but that’s for another day.

Soopytwist, everyone.

No comments: