Friday 17 February 2006

Don't be shy, your mother wasn't…


Why is it that in HK you can't have your actors getting their kit off? Is it cos of some outdated idea that if you're an untalented wee shite, you have to show your alternative talents? I still kind of adhere to this theory ~ I mean, fuck me but that's why people like Mariah Carey have nearly no clothes on on the cover of her "CD"s.

So where does that leave people like Ewan McGregor, who seems to be functioning at less that full capacity if he's not singing or getting his kit off, in that order ~ or at the same time. Hey, don't mind me mate, goan yersel, just pretend I'm not here like. Seems the world needs more actors who aren't adverse to getting their kits off ~ especially in Hong Kong. I don't know why it's so different, maybe they have this idea that it shouldn't be necessary. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Ask any girl going t' pictures in HK and she'll tell you it's VERY necessary. Makes parting wi HK$50 a ticket worth your while like. I'm all for people wi real talent getting in t' pictures and doing everything they have to do wi owt having to descend to smutty levels or cheap kit-off thrills to temp an audience, but come on, sometimes it doesn't hurt if they have hidden talents. And he shouldn't be hiding anything ~ nice Crieff boy like that wi hardly an accent to cling to needs to be announcing his arrival. Pity he's not got a full-on harsh accent, but then if he did I'd have to give up me life entirely and stalk him until arrests followed. So anyway, getting back to the topic: lads no being shy.


See what I mean? Definitely necessary, and don't let anyone tell you different. Anyway, have to say I've spent way too much time on the Jammy Blog (link on my sidebar there) recently ~ it's addictive reading. You have to see their Indian Curry Rhapsody, it's pure class. Apart from that I've been laffing fit to burst at the unashamed sweariness of the Devil's Kitchen ~ certainly my favourite place recently. A refreshing change, seeing as everyone thinks it but no bugger says it. Well they do now…

I think that's everything I have to rant about today. Not much of a rant, I know, but it makes me feel better to post these two lovely eye-catchers. More will be posted later ~ as someone once said, "post it and they will drool".

No comments: