Monday 27 August 2007

Mine, I tell you, mine!


It’s been a looooooong week. I haven’t posted me usual mid-week rant, mostly cos I’ve been Busy. Proper Busy. Which basically means pub quizzes, new hardware, phone calls, ‘Doctor bloody Who’, and fan-fic.

Pub quizzes – finally managed a win last night! Woo-hoo! Granted, there were only five teams as the pub were a bit sparse (being Sunday night, and the last of the holidays, I spose), but we did come FIRST, as opposed to the usual ‘also-ran’ placement.

Then I were naive enough to believe that if I bought a micro SD card, it’d go in me Samsung E-908 (E-900, if yer outside Hong Kong) and everything would be hunky-dory. But no. This is me we’re talking about. The bloody thing has crashed my PHONE three times, when the phone has pitched a fit being unable to format the new thing, and then, dear readers, it did the unthinkable. Nay, the inexcusable. It made my Mac hang. I spose, strictly speaking, it didn’t actually crash it, as everything else worked fine – iTunes was still playing away, Transmission still transferring like a demon. But Finder was fucked, unable to move or get past the mini-kaleidoscope wheel thingy. A re-start via the power button was the only way to separate it from the bloody thing.

So yeah, not very happy wi it, really. I think it’s the phone, knowing that I want a lovely shiny new Nokia N76 (which, just in case you were wondering, still IS NOT supported by any kind of Mac-version of PC Suite, but happily IS supported by the third-party made Fonelink software). Fuck it, I think I’ll just get a MotoKRZR maxx K3. Looks suitably Star Trek.

Which brings me to ‘Doctor bloody Who’ and Marianas Trench-grade wells of disappointment. Everyone int known Universe, wi the possible exception of me mate who hates ‘Doctor bloody Who’, of course, knows that Peter Davison has been ‘asked’ to re-appear as the Doctor – alongside Ten, of course. Now, imagine my excitement. Imagine Han Solo and Captain Mal Reynolds in the same ship. Or HAL 9000 and Marvin. Or Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Jack Harkness. Or ZoĆ« Washburn and Kira Nerys. Then you might well appreciate my excitement over Doctors Five and Ten being in the same TARDIS.



And then the excitement is short-lived. Daring to imagine that this might be the two-parter hinted at in other rumours and supposed spoilers, I let my squeeeage reach maximum levels before I told meself to get a life and go back to work. Then of course the Sun breaks this preposterous story that in fact, Peter Davison is only back for a quick Children In Need special (a la Chris Eccleston into David Tennant regeneration). How gutted was I? That they’d go to all the trouble of getting Five back, and then only have him in there for one quick almost-story? There are no words, mate, no words. Mind you, I’m still getting over the fact that I always thought Five was MY Doctor, and then a few months back an inadvertent slip of the tongue revealed that my subconscious had already elbowed him in favour of Ten, without even telling me. Rude, I know, but there it is.

That and fan-fic – which, at this point in time (no pun intended), the less said the better. If I were marking it fert kids at work it’d probably whack a ‘must try harder’ stamp on it. Ah well. I have time.

And that’s about it. Have to get breakfast and go to work. And then off to the second pub quiz of the week. ‘Tis a busy life, make no mistake.

Peach and lube everyone.

Tags:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4 comments:

fab said...

Missed you!
yeah the boy has one of those N70's something phones and lurves it to death. Since I bought it for him, it's probably the n75. LOL He also had a bit of trouble with his microSD card as well, but as soon as he actually read the instructions...(what a concept!)....things worked fine. good luck with it, and you know, just buy a frakkin PC, ditch that mac, they are TROUBLE, trouble, I tell you! ROFL

FOUR DINNERS said...

Mine was 3. Jesus H am I gettin' old or what????

Anonymous said...

So wait a minute...you're telling me that Doc 5 and Doc 10 are getting together for a quickie? oo-er, Misses! Well It's like I've always said, once you get on screen, you'll do anything for the fame!

Anonymous said...

Ok, that was good, well done!
Why didn't I see this one before?

Although, you sick puppy, you do realise they're technically the same person? That's like Curzon Dax fancying Jadzia Dax.
Oh. Er.....

Sticky ground here.....

ROFL