Thursday 24 December 2009

Sherlock Holmes



I've just watched the new 'Sherlock Holmes' film at the pictures here in Hong Kong and I have a shocking confession:

I liked it!

I'm a confirmed Jeremy Brett fan, and there still is only one true Sherlock Holmes for me. I love the books, too. But this film was good enough. So stop fucking whinging about Robert Downey Junior being American and stop going off on one about how Jude Law should have been Holmes - it's really starting to take the piss. All you have to do is watch the sodding film and let your knickers untwist and you'll be fine. Really.

And if one more person says 'It's like Iron Man but with walking sticks' I'll go fucking spare. Try watching it first, numptie. It's good. It's funny. It's got some excellent lines and the actors are WELL CAST. Everyone does a bang-up job and the cinematography (or made-up grimy London, perhaps) is ace. Costumes: ace. Settings: ace. Dialogue: ofttimes hilarious. Gentlemen arguments made up of silent stares and jerks of the chin? Aceness.

I say: it's good. I'd give it 9 out of 10, only because I didn't get the one anti-CSI gag I was waiting for (long story).


Shut the fuck up, angsty whiny little change-haters. It was good. Deal with it.

P.S.:
Dear Mr Ritchie,
In the sequel (should there be one), can we have Clive Owen as Moriarty?
Ta,
Soupdragon.

Tags:
~ ~

1 comment:

DILLIGAF said...

not seen it. Seeing it shortly.

I was uncertain...now I'm not. Ta babe.