Sunday 14 May 2006

Muppets, Banderas, Premiership, Gatchaman – and the Deppster returns…

Ok, I know I haven't been here in ages, had some things to do and weren't really feeling as how I could be arsed to write anything down, but a few things have made me sit and sort out all the shite that's been going round me head fert last week.

Muppets. Most of me students copy things I say, so it's no surprise then that most of em turn on their classmates and say "you muppet" whilst shaking their heads disapprovingly, after their classmates have dropped their pencil or written't wrong date ont paper. Ok, it's a fair cop guv, they got it from me. But then, I AM the muppet to beat all muppets:

You Are Animal

A complete lunatic, you're operating on 100% animal instincts.
You thrive on uncontrolled energy, and you're downright scary.
But you sure can beat a good drum.
"Kill! Kill!"


See? Don't fuck wi me, I'm Animal, I am…

Antonio Banderas, he of the luuuuuuurvely Spanish eyes and voice, had made another turkey. Sorry, film. I've seen trailer fer it on cable TV, about six times now cos it keeps going round and round… And no, I will not be going. 'Dangerous Minds' wi ballroom dancing? Not really my style, is that. However… it does have Mr Banderas sliding and hoofing about, and he is a luuuuuuurvely thing to look at (and listen to). Hmm. Might weaken one day (if my boxed set o Sharpe runs out) and succumb to Mr Puss-In-Boots charms. Dunno though.

Gordon Banks ("Greatest Goalkeeper of all Time"?) got himself a plaque in his stomping ground o Sheffield this week. Apparently they're building some walk o fame thing and lotsa Sheffield boys are getting recognition. Jarvis Cocker included ~ who will always be my personal hero fer showing his arse to that cunt Michael Jackson, live ont Brit Awards, being beamed round't world by satellite. Gaun yerself, Jarvis! Fucking marvellous, that'll teach the bastard. Except it didn't. Ah well. But good try, eh?
Sir Sean of Bean is getting one too, and about time, I reckon. But I'm biased.

Just time to plug Mr Pretzel's site, as he has this ABSOLUTELY FUCKING MARVELLOUS short film, demonstrating the evils of drinking. I almost died laffing.

And of course, we're all waitin for Pirates 2, hopefully coming sooner rather than later. Saw the trailer fer it, laffed me arse off at Johnny Depp going: "oh… bugger" in that quaint not-quite-Cockney accent he's made up. Lovely. But I've only seen 't trailer once, seeing as everything here is bloody Da Vinci Code this and Da Vinci Code that at't moment. Fuck the Da Vinci Code! I mean, I might watch it to see if Tom hanks dies horribly, but I can't see that happening. Funny thing though – I noticed wee Paul Bettany in there (Prince "Silly Billy" William of Orange, to Sharpe-watchers), might see if he's any good. He did do a damned good job o looking a twat in Sharpe. Is that good acting? Must be, I'm sure he were the bloke that played Chaucer in "A Knight's Tale", and he were really good in that, too.

So what's left, except to tell you have HAVE to watch this, posted on You Tube. Goddamn, but ent it the coolest bit o anime you've ever seen? And it's Gatchman! 'S nowt better than that, man!




Oh no, didn't post a pic. Alright, hang on, let me trawl… Here now, got one.


"Fookin' officer doan't knoa his arse from his elboa!"


Peach and lube.

Tags:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

9 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

I'm The Great Gonzo. Well at least chickens like me.

Banksy should've had a plaque years ago. 'Bout time. So should Jarvis. His should be a statue of that historic event.

Unknown said...

Yep, it's Paul B as Chaucer and he's absolutely perfect in that part. Apparently I'm "scooter muppet" but I have no idea why. LOL

Unknown said...

Speaking of Chaucer.....
http://houseoffame.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Cool, thanks Yuriy! If only I were a lesbian, or a man, I might enjoy some of this.

Bollocks. Wrong gender at the wrong time, AGAIN.

:)

FOUR DINNERS said...

Ta Yuri. I can 'ave a look. Sorry Soupy....

Anonymous said...

Hey FD, nae trouble mate. Fill yer boots, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Fill yer boots - what kind of foreign nonsense is this! You've been talking to strange men again! Saw trailer for "Captain Jack is Back" yesterday - nearly peed in my stroppy knickers I did!
xxx

* (asterisk) said...

It seems pretty difficult to get anything other than Animal, no? Gonzo is a good one, though.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, should have said "knock yerself out", not "fill yer boots" then!
This was Meaning 1: "Enjoy yourself to the full", NOT Meaning 2: Shit yerself.

:)